Thursday, July 28, 2011

It's Almost the Weekend!

So, training has been going really well this week. I can already see some definite progress, which gives me hope. Murph has been doing great on his walks- rarely barking at passing dogs. He's really mastering the "Watch Me" command. He's started to look at me when dogs are passing, just waiting for his click and treat. 


The clicker training has made a huge difference. The pups are always watching me and looking for my direction- which I love. I'm doing my best to redirect the dogs behavior when they do something wrong such bark or jump. I don't want to just scold them, I want to provide them with an acceptable behavior to practice. 


But enough with the training- it's almost the weekend! Time for some fun!


Here's Mack and Murph going at it. 


Look at Murph's strange frog pose!

Mack can't wait for the weekend. 



7 comments:

  1. Oh, Murph has a great froggie!

    Happy to hear your training is showing results already! If I leave a clicker on a low table, Oreo will not stop staring at it until I pick it up to do some training. Dogs love clickers!

    Love watching Mack & Murph play. Can't help but smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys have the most amazing faces. You could melt steel. Glad to hear the training is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish you had the fuhrmanator when I lived with you guys!

    I miss you guys too, i will be down in encinats in the Fall for sure. Clicker training?WTF?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The clicker training is a great idea! Mommy is thinking that might be something to try for us when we bark at other dogs outside from the window. You guys play just like we do! Mommy says that Mack is like Owen and Murph is like Maddy :)
    Wags,
    Maddy and Owen

    ReplyDelete
  5. You two are the cutest dogs ever. I loved the video.

    Mmmmmm Clicker training. I better remind my Vickie that I need some clicker/treat/training.

    love
    Bert

    ReplyDelete
  6. He looks funny in that frog pose!

    My name is Oskar & I have a blog that I'd love for you to check out, www.PetBlogsUnited.com. It's a great place for pet bloggers to find each other & to be featured!

    Nubbin wiggles,
    Oskar

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the one ear up, one ear down look! :)

    ReplyDelete